1. After the announcement by UMNO disciplinary board, the post for UMNO Deputy President will be a straight fight between Tan Sri Muhyiddin and Tan Sri Muhammad Muhammad Taib.
2. I really can't imagine a former Menteri Besar caught in Australia with a large stash of cash and no ability to defend himself in the courts because he could not speak any English would win.
3. We hope the delegates would make the right decision. However, my boss used to tell us that "hope" is not a plan.
4. Since Dato' Seri Ali has been barred from contesting due to money politics, it is unclear whether he would retain the seat as Menteri Besar when Dato' Seri Najib takes over. His membership remains intact.
5. His political secretary, Saadun Basirun faced a different tune. Found guilty of money politics, his membership has been suspended for 3 years. If Saadun acted on behalf of Dato' Seri, why is the punishment meted out more severe than of his boss? Perhaps there was no proof of a link, if any.
6. KJ although found guilty of money politics escaped unscathed because of difference in situation than Dato' Seri Ali, according to Tengku Rithaudeen. According to Tengku also, the amount of money and the action of the agents differ between that of KJ's and Dato' Seri Ali's.
7. Who are the agents and will they also face penalty for aiding and abetting? How are the situations different? What is the amount involved here? Tengku was also quoted to have said that it's between "rasuah wang" and "rasuah makan-makan".
8. 12 other members were found guilty, but only 9 had their memberships suspended. Maybe it is also between "rasuah wang" and "rasuah makan-makan".
9. On the other hand, Norza was hauled up by MACC for his alleged involvement in money politics. He could face a fine up to 5 times the amount involved or 20 years of imprisonment. Bail was set at RM10,000.
Himpunan Anti Kleptokrasi : Ada Yang GILA
13 hours ago