Friday, May 2, 2008

Career Talk at SBPI Gombak





I was invited recently to give a talk about the oil & gas industry at Sekolah Berasrama Penuh Integrasi Gombak. It's a coed boarding school situated near Internatinal Islamic University. To my surprise, the school made a lot of preparation for my talk and I did not expect a crowd of 600 to be attending! The participants were students from Forms 1 through 5.

It was satisfying for me as I hope students would now have a better view about the industry and for those who are not inclined to take petroleum engineering, at least they could start thinking about their interest from now.

We talked about the upstream and downstream business, the different engineering disciplines in the business. I've also touched about tertiary education, securing sponsorship and how to further their studies in the US, if they're interested.

Our next career talk series would be at my alma mater, the Royal Military College, on 29th June.


No comments: